Saturday, March 6, 2010

Freedom Hall Thoughts

The Louisville Cardinals played their last game in Freedom Hall today here are my thoughts:

1. I was forced to watch this game because my parents have so many "memories" from watching games at Freedom Hall. I also wanted to watch Syracuse and see this zone defense that ESPN seems so fixated on.

2. Did Rick Pitno's tie really match his jacket?



3. Did it make anyone else mad when they were showing the great moments at Freedom Hall and they showed Sosa's three pointer to beat UK last year and called it the shot heard around the Commonwealth? Patrick Sparks immediately came to mind.

4. No matter how much I dislike Louisville it is so much fun to watch a shooter who is absolutely on fire. Kyle Kuric (who?) scored all of his 22 points in the 2nd half to lead Louisville. I must also point out he is from my birth town Evansville, Indiana.

5. As a Kentucky fan I'm not sure who I wanted to win this game. It didn't matter to me that we might move up one spot in the polls this week all I'm worried about is getting a #1 seed.

6. I got a little laugh when the commentator said that security had to lock Freedom Hall last night because fans were coming in to get memorabilia because they thought it was closing. No, it is not closing just the last game Louisville is playing there.

7. After, the game I felt the need to change my outfit to my UK sweatshirt and blue headband.

That is all I'm going to say because I could go on for a long time about Louisville. Even though I've been told many times by my Dad that I can cheer for both it is just not possible for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment